Sunday 8 July 2012

Cancerwalker Update July 2012

Although Shiel and I went walking in the UK last year I'm afraid there was no blogging on the walks. My Nokia Music Express had an attack of  'water on the brain' whilst we were on our first walk, the Wolds Way. We were approaching the brow of a hill, about 3 miles before Filey, when we were caught in a torrential thunderstorm.  Suddenly I could hear Joan Sutherland singing an except from Elgar's Sea Pictures. It appeared to come from nowhere.  It was an eerie experience. Then I remembered I had a copy of Sea Pictures on one of my CD's on the Music Express.  It had suddenly started playing. At first I thought it was an electrical trigger from the lightning but sadly on opening my breast pocket I found there was water inside my Nokia phone.  It was quite surprising really as it was in the breast pocket of a brand new Vent jacket, made by  Macpac. The zip appeared watertight on cursory inspection  but obviously it wasn't.

On finishing the Wold's Way we went on to walk the Cleveland Way and then the Hadrian's Wall path.If I ever get time I plan to do a retrospective blog on the 3 walks.

So why the sudden flurry of activity after almost two years, well we are going walking in the Czech Republic. Hopefully this year there will be more to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment